Cosmetics create clutter. Think about it: Lipsticks, mascaras, eye shadows, eye liners, foundations, concealers, blushers…the list seems almost endless. Even if you only have one of each type of makeup, it’s easy to have cosmetic clutter.
Luckily there are a number of effective cosmetic organizers designed to help you conquer cosmetic clutter. Here are three excellent examples:
- The Extra-Large Three Piece Make Up Organizer features three separate units: an extra-large drawer as the base and a nine-compartment cosmetic tray on top, including a removable lipstick organizer with 12 slots. All items can be used together–the tray stacked on the drawer and the lipstick organizer nested inside– or they can be spread out separately to create maximum storage possibilities. When stacked, items are secure since units interlock with grooved edges. All pieces are made of heavy duty acrylic and the clear surfaces make it extremely easy to always find any item quickly.
- The Danielle Socialite Acrylic Organizer has seven top compartments and three large drawers in a 15-inch by 10.5-inch footprint. One of the top compartments is a lipstick organizer designed to hold up to 12 lipsticks. The clear acrylic lets you identify and easily access all your makeup, and the steel frame ensures long-term durability.
- Metal mesh Makeup Carousels (available in a variety of colors) are double-decker spinning organizers that feature six storage bins (three on each level) spinning around a center section on each side of the handle. The center section is designed for storing long and slender supplies such as makeup brushes and nail files.
More types of cosmetic organizers can be found in my posts on Cosmetic Clutter Solutions and Makeup Drawer Organizers.
Utilizing your car visor for storage is an effective way to keep your glove compartment and front seat tidier. Car visor organizers are a simple solution for controlling common types of car clutter–especially paper clutter.
Here are three of my favorite car visor organizers:
- The Visor Receipt Organizer features five deep pockets for efficient storage of receipts, directions, sunglasses and more. Elastic straps make it fit neatly on most auto visors; a nylon cord also allows you to hang it from a knob. It includes a handy mileage tracker plus a pen and notepad for recording gas expenses and mileage, landmarks and other information while on the road.
- The Visor Registration Wallet lets you keep your registration, proof of insurance and auto club card organized inside two clear plastic storage sleeves. Elastic straps allow you to attach the visor wallet to any auto visor, or you can simply fold it up and tuck it into your glove box or console. An outer mesh pocket is ideal for holding cash, toll cards and other small items. The wallet snaps closed with powerful magnets to keep everything securely in place.
- The Car Visor Organizer offers storage for notes, currency, sunglasses and all those little things you always need at your fingertips while on the road. It features Velcro installation, a loop for holding a tire gauge or pen, and five different pockets: a clear plastic pocket for keeping directions visible; a zippered pocket for documents; a zippered mesh pocket for currency; a padded pocket for glasses; and a side pocket for receipts, etc.
For more ideas on keeping your car organized, read my Conquer Car Clutter post.
Medication organizers, aka pill organizers, can be lifesavers–literally. For those who have serious health conditions, forgetting to take the right pill at the right time can cause potentially catastrophic consequences.
That’s why having an easy-to-use medication organizing system is crucial, especially if you need to take multiple medications on a specific schedule,
Here are examples of three different types of essential medication organizers:
- Weekly pill organizers. The Seven Day Pill Organizer and Planner lets you organize and store four doses of medications or vitamins for each day of the week. This thoughtfully designed system includes seven pre-labeled spring-loaded pill storage cases, a reminder card for documenting vital information, and a handy carrying case that closes securely with Velcro for safe storage and transport.
- Monthly pill organizers. The MedCenter Monthly Pill Organizer is specifically designed to prevent double-dosing or missing a dose of important medication. It features 31 daily pill boxes that each have four separate dose compartments, a front storage tray to hold that day’s pills, and enough storage capacity for even heavy daily medication regimens. The dose compartments are pre-labeled to organize pills for morning, noon, evening, and bedtime doses. Easy-open lids make it easy to access pills in each pill box, and the boxes have red and green color coding to show when daily doses are complete. A front storage compartment on the organizer holds “Today’s Pills” to avoid confusion and prevent missing a day.
- Travel pill organizers. The Divided Seven Day Pill Organizer consists of a clear plastic case containing seven separate pill containers (each a different color) with compartments for morning, noon, evening and bedtime medications and supplements. Each daily pill box can be managed separately and pops out with a spring for easy access. The compartments and the case have secure closure tabs to keep pills in their place. The organizer is a compact 8 inches wide by 1 inch high by 4.25 inches deep, so it fits neatly in a handbag or carry-on luggage.
For other ideas about medication organizers, read my post on Vitamin and Medicine Bottle Organizers.