Room dividers usually serve three main purposes: to divide a space, create privacy and/or hide an unsightly area (such as a cluttered desk or a water heater).
But some room dividers do even more–they also offer storage, via shelves or pockets, making them useful for creating a home office, a study space or even a mini crafts room. And of course they’re also ideal for organizing dorm rooms and other shared spaces.
Here are three different kinds of room dividers with storage:
- The Walnut Room Divider with Book Shelves features four wooden shelves in a four-panel folding wood frame. The shelves simply slide into the panels to create space for books or whatever else you want to store and keep handy. Depending on how you configure the panels, the shelves can be threaded through so that there is shelving on both sides or on just one side. You can also use this room divider without the shelves.
- The 4-Panel Folding Screen with 2 Display Shelves is a more classic style of room divider but with shelving on both sides.
- The 3-Panel Fabric Room Divider with Pocket Holders includes 24 fabric pockets (all on one side) attached to cotton canvas suspended on three wood rods at the top, middle and bottom of each panel. The rods are removable and the canvas is washable. The pockets are sized well for everything from office supplies to accessories (each is approximately 7 3/4″ tall x 5 3/4″ wide), and they can be labeled, decorated or left unadorned.
More varieties of room dividers can be found here
“Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall” may sound like efficient beer storage, but according to beer experts, beer should be stored upright in a cool, dark place. This usually means the refrigerator–a place where there’s never enough room for all the stuff you need to keep cool.
So with beer storage space at a premium, you’ve got to think outside the box. Here are a few noteworthy examples of beer storage solutions:
- The Acrylic Refrigerator Bin by Fridge Binz is a clear, stackable container sized perfectly for storing beer bottles and cans upright. A center divider makes it simple to keep items organized, and the molded handle lets you easily pull the bin out. If you just want to be able to grab a single row of beer cans or bottles, the narrow Refrigerator Storage Bin and the Stacking Refrigerator Bin are both good options.
- The BottleLoft is designed to double your bottled beer storage by allowing you to magnetically suspend bottles from your fridge’s ceiling. The system consists of two plastic strips, each containing three high-strength magnets that are strong enough to hold over three times the weight of a typical 12-oz bottle by its cap alone. The two strips, which hold a total of six bottles, attach to your refrigerator ceiling with special heavy-duty peel-and-stick 3M adhesive strips made for use in lower temperatures.
- For the serious beer collector, the Glass Door Beverage Refrigerator can hold up to 135 twelve-ounce bottles on three adjustable wire racks and a bottom shelf. Designed to fit underneath a kitchen counter (it’s about the size of a dishwasher), this bev-fridge features a digital display panel with push buttons for controlling the internal temperature. The clear glass door plus an interior light allow you to gaze adoringly upon your beer collection–and you can even lock the door to prevent unwanted entry.
Cabinet door organizers make it extremely easy to access frequently used items. These “doorganizers” turn kitchen, bathroom and office cabinet doors into space-saving storage solutions.
Over-the-door cabinet organizers are probably the most popular type, but there are also magnetic and door-mounted styles worth considering. Here are three different kinds of cabinet door organizers that have multiple uses:
- Over-door towel racks with baskets perform double duty by utilizing both sides of a cabinet door. The outside section is a towel bar–handy for keeping a dish towel or hand towel at your fingertips; the other side is a basket where you can store everyday supplies. Items up to 10.25 inches high, such as bottles of mouthwash or cans of shaving cream, will fit in the Towel Rack With Basket (pictured); smaller supplies, such as sponges and scrubbers (up to 5 inches tall), can be stored in the Over Door Towel Rack with Basket. (If you just want a cabinet door towel holder without storage, there are many different types to choose from here. Or if you want only an over-door storage basket without a towel bar, those are readily available too.)
- Magnapods are 1-inch-deep clear plastic containers that magnetically adhere to the inside of steel-framed cabinet doors. Ideal for medicine cabinets, they’re also useful for small office supplies when attached inside or outside metal office cabinet doors, drawers or file cabinets.
- Wall-mounted spice racks can be mounted inside a cabinet or a cupboard door, and their storage uses aren’t limited to spice jars–they can also hold items such as nail polish bottles, vitamin and pill bottles, and small arts and crafts supplies.The steel wire Three Tier Spice Rack features three shelves, spaced 6 inches apart; as with most wall-mounted spice racks, the top shelf is open allowing for containers of different heights.
Is your purse like a black hole that constantly swallows up your wallet, keys, phone, glasses, pens, coupons or whatever else you’re frantically looking for? An organized purse may seem unattainable, but there’s hope.
Purse organizer inserts not only make sure your purse stays organized, they also make it easy to switch purses. These handy handbag organizers feature interior and exterior compartments sized to neatly hold just about everything you like to carry in your purse. Here are three examples of purse organizer inserts that can create and maintain order inside even the most chaotic purses:
- Pouchee Purse Organizers feature nine exterior pockets (including one that’s perfect for holding pens), two metal ring handles at the top, and a magnetic snap closure. The interior has three main divided sections, one zipper pocket inside (ideal for carrying cash), two small interior side pockets and a wide slip pocket sized for receipts or coupons. The Pouchee is available in several styles and a range of colors and materials.
- Chameleon Handbag Inserts come in six sizes and both a structured and unstructured version, all with 16 pockets; one of the designs even has a removable pocket.
- The RFID Blocking Purse Organizer provides plenty of pockets inside and out, plus protection from tech-savvy identity thieves with long-distance RFID readers. It features RFID blocking technology that prevents unauthorized access to credit card numbers and other personal information. The four inside pockets are elasticized at the top; there’s also a large central interior pocket, three open outside pockets and a long zippered outside pocket.
For other purse organization ideas, check out my purse organizing tips and purse storage solutions.