When it comes to gift wrap clutter, there’s no time like the present to get organized.
Wrapping paper–whether rolled or flat–and gift bags, plus all the other types of gift-wrapping gear (ribbons, bows, tissue, etc.), can be easily damaged, so having an effective storage system is crucial. Luckily there are numerous gift wrap organizers designed specifically to keep your gifting supplies safe and organized yet easy to access.
Here are three smart gift wrap storage solutions that accommodate a variety of supplies:
- The Hanging Gift Wrap Organizer hangs on a closet rod and spins 360 degrees for easy access to all four sides, which include six mesh compartments and six elastic loops. The main compartment can store up to 25 rolls of 30-inch-high wrapping paper. The system can be easily lifted off your closet rod and moved to your gift-wrapping station.
- The Hanging Wrapping Paper Storage Bag has an over-the-door hook for hanging inside a closet door, and holds up to twelve 40-inch-long rolls of wrapping paper. It also includes a removable compartment designed to hold gift labels, ribbons and tape.
- The Gift Wrap Storage Bag consists of a main bag featuring eight pockets along the bottom for rolls of wrapping paper, plus an interior bag with two compartments to store large bows, ribbons and other accessories. A full-length zipper allows you to spread out your material while the top flap offers quick access to the interior section. Reinforced handles on the top and sides make it easy to transport.
Mud isn’t the main problem in mudrooms (aka entryways or foyers). Especially during the winter season when boots, shoes and umbrellas–not to mention coats, hats and gloves–tend to pile up and make your home’s entrance look less than enticing.
Whether you have an actual mudroom or just a simple entryway, keeping the floor of your home’s entry area clear of clutter can be particularly challenging. Here are three different types of entryway organizers designed to minimize mudroom maintenance:
- The Shoe Rack with Umbrella Stand offers four slatted shelves that work well for shoe storage; the top shelf is actually more handy for holding purses, gloves, packages or whatever you’re carrying when you walk in the door. The hardwood rack also features a side stand designed for storing umbrellas, canes and even muddy boots, with a metal tray on the bottom to protect floors from drips and dirt.
- The Bamboo Storage Bench has spaces for two pairs of high boots and at least four pairs of shoes or other items. The bench top can be used either as a place to sit while putting on or taking off footwear, or as a convenient “loading zone” for purses and packages.
- The Entryway Organizer provides efficient storage for everything except footwear. It includes two hooks on each of the four sides, for hanging coats and hats; two center shelves for holding purses, etc.; an umbrella stand; and a slim drawer into which you can discreetly empty the contents of your pockets.
More types of mudroom and entryway organizers can be found here.