If you think your kitchen is too small, imagine RV living.
Any type of tiny kitchen needs to be efficient, utilizing every inch of space. RVers know how to do this better than anybody (except boat-dwellers). That’s why many small kitchens can benefit from using certain kinds of space-saving RV Accessories.
Spaces that are often forgotten in larger kitchens must be put to good use in smaller kitchens. Here are several different RV kitchen organizers designed to maximize even the smallest kitchen:
- When there’s no floor space for a trash can or even a wastebasket, instead of “thinking outside the box” you’ve got to think inside the cabinet. A good example is the Axis Chrome Over the Cabinet Door Wastebasket which holds 4-gallon trash bags and requires no installation–it fits neatly on cabinet doors measuring up to 3/4-inch thick. It can also function as a plastic bag recycler, kitchen wrap organizer or deep all-purpose storage basket. The over-door hooks are lined with soft foam rubber to protect cabinet surfaces.
- If your drawer space is limited, you can store kitchen knives and utensils on the Magnetic Knife Holder–it’s designed to be mounted on a wall or inside a cabinet door. Available in both 10-inch and 18.5-inch models, it features a stainless steel frame with two inset magnetic strips that are strong enough to securely hold knives and other metal cooking implements.
- With cabinet space at a premium, don’t overlook the area directly underneath cupboards and over counters–that’s where you can attach dispensers for frequently used supplies such as paper towels, paper napkins, paper plates and disposable bowls. (The Paper Plate Dispenser also can hold plastic or foam plates.)
And if you wish to keep a box of Kleenex in the kitchen but lack counter space, the clear plastic Wall Mounted Tissue Box Holder is a handy solution.
If you want to wake up and smell the coffee, first you need to store it properly. But with so many varieties currently available–and contributing to coffee clutter–this can be quite a challenge.
Fortunately there are now a number of coffee storage solutions to choose from. Here are three different kinds of coffee organizers that will help you keep your coffee supplies fresh and easily accessible:
- Single-serve coffee containers create a particular storage challenge, but there are several different coffee pod organizers designed to accommodate single-serve containers. The cylindrical mesh Coffee Pod Holder is a good example–it features four swing-out compartments that can hold up to a total of 28 coffee pods, designed to fit all different pod sizes and shapes; and inserts with indentations for holding the pods (removable if you want to store other accessories). The unit is topped with a circular faux-bamboo shelf that’s handy for holding mugs, sweeteners and other essentials.
- For safely storing up to 1 pound of freshly ground coffee or whole beans, the Coffee Canister with Scoop is a simple solution. Made of a clear plastic with a UV-blocking tint that keeps light out to preserve freshness, the 1.5-quart capacity canister includes a latching lid with a silicone lip that creates a tight, suctioned seal, and a one-tablespoon scoop that neatly stores inside the lid.
- If bagged coffee is your preference, the Bag-In Coffee Storage Container and Dispenser is designed to hold a 10- to 14-ounce bag of coffee beans or grounds, and features an innovative bag gripper design, a lid with an
an airtight seal and pouring spout for clean dispensing, and a 2-tablespoon scoop. The unique bag gripper lid fits inside your original coffee bag for clean pouring every time. This bag-in storage design helps keep the container clean and coffee fresher longer.