Smartphones, tablets, e-readers, laptops…do you love them but hate the clutter they cause? Actually, the main chaos culprits are the messy cords and wires needed to charge all these supposedly wireless devices.
But you don’t have to suffer from cord clutter, thanks to a relatively new category of organizing solutions known as charging stations. Designed to hold a variety of electronic devices while hiding their associated cords, charging stations are now available in a variety of styles. Here are three attractive and effective versions of these streamlined electronic device organizers:
- The clear Acrylic Charging Station features a back compartment sized to accommodate a large tablet, e-reader or iPad, plus three smaller compartments in front for storing and charging phones and other electronic devices (or for keeping supplies handy). Notches on the sides let you run power cords through so you can charge your devices as they rest in the stand.
The Bamboo Charging Station
allows you to charge up to four devices, and also includes a spacious section in back for storing accessories.
- The Charging Station for Electronics is a sleek black rectangle with three slots at the top to allow you to keep cords organized as they power your electronic devices. The top lifts off to reveal a hidden compartment that provides storage for a power strip/surge protector, with a side slot for the cord.
Other types of electronic device organizers can be found here.
Board games are such fun…right up until it’s time to put them away. Corralling all those pesky little game pieces and cards–not to mention the boards themselves–can take the fun out of game night.
Whether your game collection consists of crumbling cardboard containers housing your heirloom Monopoly, Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit games, or you’ve got mainly display-worthy game boxes, there are several simple solutions for keeping your board games in order. Here are three types of handy and helpful board game organizers:
- When it’s time to replace those old cardboard game boxes, sturdy plastic Game Savers storage containers are a good choice. Specifically designed to hold board games such as Monopoly, Life and games of similar size and contents, these organizers feature dividers to keep the game pieces organized, pre-printed game labels, and a snap lid (especially useful when traveling or camping). They fit game boards up to 15.75 x 10.5 x .5 inches, the size of a single folded rectangular board.
- You can “file” smaller game boxes by storing them upright in a cabinet, using a wire bakeware rack to keep them neatly separated and easy to access.
- If you prefer to stack your games, the Black A-Frame Shelf features three shelves sized for storing and displaying many types of boxed board games (each shelf is 30 x 15 inches). You can stack up to five game boxes on each shelf.
Whether you have a tiny patio or a large backyard, outdoor dining requires special storage solutions. (Unless, of course, you don’t mind making extra trips back inside to retrieve plates, napkins, utensils, condiments, etc.)
To simplify outdoor meal preparation, choose mobile or portable organizers constructed of weather-resistant materials. Here are three efficient patio dining and BBQ storage solutions for organizing your al fresco meal supplies:
- The Mobile Serving Station Patio Cabinet provides two handy cabinets topped by an expandable surface for preparing and serving food (two drop-leaf sections extend the surface to 40 inches of counter space). A divided serving tray is included, designed to fit inside the upper cabinet. The cabinets offer ample storage for grilling implements and accessories, napkins, condiments and more, and the entire unit rolls smoothly on heavy-duty casters (two locking and two non-locking) for easy portability.
- The multipurpose Grill Station features separate trays for raw and cooked foods and includes a separate caddy for keeping seasonings, tongs and a beverage handy.
- Charcoal storage containers are a necessity for those who prefer barbecues to gas grills. The Charcoal Storage Bin (12-lb capacity) has an innovative lid designed to fit inside the original bag of charcoal: you simply cut the top off the bag and insert the lid to provide a tight seal that protects against moisture. The lid also has a flip top that lets you neatly dispense charcoal, and the large carrying handle on the side makes the bin easy to transport. If you need a larger capacity bin, the Charcoal Storage Container holds up to 24 lbs.