Got craft clutter? If you’re a crafter, the answer is probably “yes!” Whether your favorite creative activities include beads, fabrics, yarn, paint, glue, paper, pens, glitter, thread or all of the above, you’re dealing with crafts supplies that can easily get out of hand (literally).
Fortunately there’s a wide variety of arts & crafts organizers specifically designed for the many different types of crafting materials. Consider these three that are perfect for keeping all kinds of bits and pieces in place:
- Artbins are divided containers made for organizing and storing sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, beading and other craft supplies. (Constructed of acid-free polypropylene, they’re safe for storing art supplies too.) One example is the Artbin Super Satchel which comes in two different models with fixed and stationary compartments. Easy to carry, with snap closures and convenient handles that fold neatly into a recess when not in use, the design is also easily stackable for storage.
- The Bead Storage Bag and Containers is a portable storage system consisting of a nylon carrying case that holds five removable and stackable clear plastic 10-1/2-inch long containers, each with 17 compartments (a total of 85 compartments). The carrying case itself is a storage center, with five Velcro-closure pockets for storing jewelry-making tools; a sewn-on heavy-duty handle is on top, and the bag also includes a removable shoulder strap .
- For storing larger arts & crafts materials, the Kids Art Supply Organizer is a terrific storage solution–just don’t be put off by the name. This clever cart isn’t just for kids: it’s a rolling organizer that’s ideal for serious crafters and artists of all ages. The blue metal frame has three shelves with three large bins and four medium bins (all included and removable), along with eight side pockets for holding small supplies. Locking casters make the cart easy to roll anywhere and then keep it safely in place.
More arts & crafts organizers can be found here.
Sports are fun, but storing sporting gear? Not so much.
It can be a challenge to keep sports stuff organized and easily accessible yet out of the way. Since sports equipment varies widely–from footballs to fishing poles–you may need specialized types of storage for yours.
Here are three efficient examples of sporting gear storage solutions:
- Soccer balls, footballs, volleyballs, basketballs….for storing all of these and more, the wall-mounted Ball Storage Rack helps you to literally have a ball. It’s designed to neatly store, organize and display up to seven full-size sports balls of almost any shape and size. The rack is also versatile–it can be set up vertically (as shown) to fit on a narrow wall, or reconfigured into three horizontal sections.
- The heavy-duty rolling Storage Rack with Baskets features three pull-out baskets of different sizes that work well for storing a variety of sporting gear. Two top shelves provide additional storage space.
- For long or flat types of sporting gear such as skis, fishing poles, wakeboards and snowboards, the ceiling-mounted Garage Sports Organizer is ideal–and a real space-saver. When you pull it downwards, it locks into place so you can easily remove and replace items as needed, and then it smoothly auto-retracts back up to the ceiling. The system has a 50-pound capacity and holds up to eight fishing poles or other combinations of sports gear.