Love to bake but hate to deal with your cabinet of piled-up baking paraphernalia? If you’ve got the baking bug, it’s easy to accumulate baking pans in multiple sizes and shapes, along with cupcake trays, muffin tins and cookie sheets. Of course, keeping them in order is another story.
The trick to organizing bakeware effectively is upright storage (think books on a shelf or files in a drawer). Instead of piling your pans, use vertical organizers to keep bakeware standing on end–they’ll be easier to view, access and put away.
To help you choose the right bakeware organizer, here are three efficient and economical options:
- The Adjustable Bakeware Organizer Rack has slots for organizing up to six pans or trays. The metal dividers are removable to accommodate different widths of bakeware, and are designed to make it easy to see and grab whichever pan you want to use. The rack also can be mounted either horizontally or vertically.
- A similar option (although not adjustable) is the Wire Bakeware Rack, with four 2-1/4-inch-wide slots sized for storing several types of bakeware.
- The space-saving Bakeware Organizer is an over-the-cabinet-door storage solution that requires no installation. Designed to accommodate bakeware measuring up to 12 inches wide and 18 inches high, this organizer is best for slender items since it’s just 3-1/2 inches deep. It fits standard cabinet doors up to 3/4 of an inch thick and has padded brackets to protect cabinets from scratching.
Coffee tables tend to be clutter magnets. Of course, any horizontal surface has the ability to attract piles of mail, stacks of magazines and misplaced remotes (often hidden under the mail and magazines). But the expanse of a coffee table, plus its close proximity to a sofa, increases the likelihood of pile formations.
If you long for a clutter-free coffee table, there’s hope. Here are four clever coffee tables that feature a variety of handy storage solutions:
- The sleek Coffee Table With Magazine Rack has six double-wide pockets (three on each side) designed for storing magazines, catalogs or slim books. Constructed of solid oak (available in three finishes) with an easy-to-clean melamine top, this streamlined coffee table could also function as an entryway bench. Tip: You can add additional storage with a storage ottoman that fits neatly underneath the table.
- The ultra-modern Noemi Coffee Table with Storage Compartments features hidden storage located under the sliding tabletop. The top glides open to reveal four compartments (one large and three smaller) that offer plenty of space for stashing whatever you want to hide away yet keep at hand.
- The classic Timber Coffee Table has two drawers that are sized for storing remotes and accessories, and a lower shelf that’s ideal for holding books and magazines.
- IKEA’s BOKSEL coffee table offers an adjustable shelf, a smooth-running drawer with pull-out stop that keeps it in place, and casters for easy mobility.
There are also a number of coffee tables that simply include a shelf, a feature which gives you an easy way to keep the top clear– at least theoretically.
According to the ASPCA, approximately 37-47% of all households in the US have a dog, and 30-37% have a cat. Of course there are many other types of pets–guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, birds, fish and reptiles are perennially popular. But dogs and cats make up the lion’s share, so to speak, of household pets.
That means there’s plenty of dog and cat necessities to organize. Fortunately there are now a number of pet organizers to help you keep your canine and feline accessories tidy. Here are three interesting options:
- The Cat Box Cabinet solves the problem of where to put the cat litter box. This clever camouflager provides an ingenious way to keep your “kitty restroom” easily accessible to your pet yet hidden from view. Designed to look like a night stand or side table (it’s made from recycled polymer that resembles wood and is available in three shades), the top can be used for holding a lamp, books, framed photos, etc. The front of the cabinet features a kitty-sized opening, and the entire front panel pulls down for easy cleaning access.
- Yep-Yup pet organizers are hanging space-savers with multiple pockets for holding all manner of pet supplies.
- The Doggie Organizer Car Bag features three specially designed pockets: one large side pocket has a unique bag dispenser made up of a side pouch with a bottom opening for pulling out the bags; the other large side pocket is made of mesh, ideal for holding bottled water; and the large front pocket can accommodate a Frisbee, toys or reading materials. The wipe-clean interior has a snap frame clasp for easy access and is roomy enough to hold up to 24 cups of dry dog food. The bag also includes a carrying strap that’s adjustable for use over the headrest of your car, with a quick-release buckle for easy removal.