Craft carts are great storage solutions for more than arts and crafts supplies. With multiple drawers and compartments of various sizes, these handy carts can help you keep all sorts of supplies organized and easily accessible: office supplies, beauty supplies, gift wrapping supplies, pet supplies…
Here are three examples of well-designed craft carts:
- The dual-sided Craft Storage Cart has three built-in drawers, a large open compartment and two open shelves on one side; on the back are four dowels, an open compartment and three smaller sections. The dowels can be used for storing ribbons, yarn, rolls of stickers and other spool-oriented supplies.
- The slim 10 Drawer Storage Cart consists of 10 plastic drawers in five colors (two drawers of each color) on a steel frame. Each drawer measures 12 inches wide by 15 inches deep and the five colors allow you to color-code stored items; the drawers can be easily rearranged into different color combinations. Two of the casters lock securely in place to keep the cart stationary.
- The translucent 12 Drawer Rolling Cart features four large drawers, eight shallow drawers and a spacious top shelf that can be used as a work surface. The metal frame rises into handles on each side for easy transport. And since the drawers are semi-transparent, it’s easy to see what’s stored within them.
Other types of craft carts can be found here.
Room dividers usually serve three main purposes: to divide a space, create privacy and/or hide an unsightly area (such as a cluttered desk or a water heater).
But some room dividers do even more–they also offer storage, via shelves or pockets, making them useful for creating a home office, a study space or even a mini crafts room. And of course they’re also ideal for organizing dorm rooms and other shared spaces.
Here are three different kinds of room dividers with storage:
- The Walnut Room Divider with Book Shelves features four wooden shelves in a four-panel folding wood frame. The shelves simply slide into the panels to create space for books or whatever else you want to store and keep handy. Depending on how you configure the panels, the shelves can be threaded through so that there is shelving on both sides or on just one side. You can also use this room divider without the shelves.
- The 4-Panel Folding Screen with 2 Display Shelves is a more classic style of room divider but with shelving on both sides.
- The 3-Panel Fabric Room Divider with Pocket Holders includes 24 fabric pockets (all on one side) attached to cotton canvas suspended on three wood rods at the top, middle and bottom of each panel. The rods are removable and the canvas is washable. The pockets are sized well for everything from office supplies to accessories (each is approximately 7 3/4″ tall x 5 3/4″ wide), and they can be labeled, decorated or left unadorned.
More varieties of room dividers can be found here
Got craft clutter? If you’re a crafter, the answer is probably “yes!” Whether your favorite creative activities include beads, fabrics, yarn, paint, glue, paper, pens, glitter, thread or all of the above, you’re dealing with crafts supplies that can easily get out of hand (literally).
Fortunately there’s a wide variety of arts & crafts organizers specifically designed for the many different types of crafting materials. Consider these three that are perfect for keeping all kinds of bits and pieces in place:
- Artbins are divided containers made for organizing and storing sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, beading and other craft supplies. (Constructed of acid-free polypropylene, they’re safe for storing art supplies too.) One example is the Artbin Super Satchel which comes in two different models with fixed and stationary compartments. Easy to carry, with snap closures and convenient handles that fold neatly into a recess when not in use, the design is also easily stackable for storage.
- The Bead Storage Bag and Containers is a portable storage system consisting of a nylon carrying case that holds five removable and stackable clear plastic 10-1/2-inch long containers, each with 17 compartments (a total of 85 compartments). The carrying case itself is a storage center, with five Velcro-closure pockets for storing jewelry-making tools; a sewn-on heavy-duty handle is on top, and the bag also includes a removable shoulder strap .
- For storing larger arts & crafts materials, the Kids Art Supply Organizer is a terrific storage solution–just don’t be put off by the name. This clever cart isn’t just for kids: it’s a rolling organizer that’s ideal for serious crafters and artists of all ages. The blue metal frame has three shelves with three large bins and four medium bins (all included and removable), along with eight side pockets for holding small supplies. Locking casters make the cart easy to roll anywhere and then keep it safely in place.
More arts & crafts organizers can be found here.