Having an organized garage is such a popular fantasy, an entire industry has grown up around it.
But you don’t have to hire a garage organization company to achieve some semblance of order. Here are three types of garage organizers that can help you turn your garage fantasy into a reality:
- Wall-mounted. The Clothing Storage Garage System is a complete modular organizer designed to store a wide variety of items (not just clothing). The system consists of a steel wall-mount frame with rails to which you attach storage accessories, which include: two wire shelves, a solid steel shelf, a clothes hanging bar, two shoe racks, two wire baskets and two recycle/storage bags. All the accessories lock onto the frame to stay in place so they’ll never fall off when items are being removed or returned. Each accessory can be easily removed and re-positioned on the frame in seconds, so it’s easy to reconfigure the system as your storage requirements change.
- Rolling. The Heavy Duty 3-Shelf Utility Cart is a multipurpose cart with a 550-pound total capacity. It’s constructed of a strong plastic resin that resists dents, chips and rust, making it ideal for storing and moving everything from tools to landscaping materials. Rounded corners mean no sharp edges to nick walls or vehicles. And the handle has a special feature–it includes a built-in storage bin for small accessories and parts.
- Freestanding. The Adjustable Shelving System has a steel frame that’s completely open on both sides, so you can easily access all stored items. It features nine adjustable shelves made of simulated wood (high-density fiberboard). The customizable design allows you store a broad range of supplies and materials.
For more ideas on garage organizers, read my posts on garage storage systems and garage organizing tips.
Sports are fun, but storing sporting gear? Not so much.
It can be a challenge to keep sports stuff organized and easily accessible yet out of the way. Since sports equipment varies widely–from footballs to fishing poles–you may need specialized types of storage for yours.
Here are three efficient examples of sporting gear storage solutions:
- Soccer balls, footballs, volleyballs, basketballs….for storing all of these and more, the wall-mounted Ball Storage Rack helps you to literally have a ball. It’s designed to neatly store, organize and display up to seven full-size sports balls of almost any shape and size. The rack is also versatile–it can be set up vertically (as shown) to fit on a narrow wall, or reconfigured into three horizontal sections.
- The heavy-duty rolling Storage Rack with Baskets features three pull-out baskets of different sizes that work well for storing a variety of sporting gear. Two top shelves provide additional storage space.
- For long or flat types of sporting gear such as skis, fishing poles, wakeboards and snowboards, the ceiling-mounted Garage Sports Organizer is ideal–and a real space-saver. When you pull it downwards, it locks into place so you can easily remove and replace items as needed, and then it smoothly auto-retracts back up to the ceiling. The system has a 50-pound capacity and holds up to eight fishing poles or other combinations of sports gear.
Mud isn’t the main problem in mudrooms (aka entryways or foyers). Especially during the winter season when boots, shoes and umbrellas–not to mention coats, hats and gloves–tend to pile up and make your home’s entrance look less than enticing.
Whether you have an actual mudroom or just a simple entryway, keeping the floor of your home’s entry area clear of clutter can be particularly challenging. Here are three different types of entryway organizers designed to minimize mudroom maintenance:
- The Shoe Rack with Umbrella Stand offers four slatted shelves that work well for shoe storage; the top shelf is actually more handy for holding purses, gloves, packages or whatever you’re carrying when you walk in the door. The hardwood rack also features a side stand designed for storing umbrellas, canes and even muddy boots, with a metal tray on the bottom to protect floors from drips and dirt.
- The Bamboo Storage Bench has spaces for two pairs of high boots and at least four pairs of shoes or other items. The bench top can be used either as a place to sit while putting on or taking off footwear, or as a convenient “loading zone” for purses and packages.
- The Entryway Organizer provides efficient storage for everything except footwear. It includes two hooks on each of the four sides, for hanging coats and hats; two center shelves for holding purses, etc.; an umbrella stand; and a slim drawer into which you can discreetly empty the contents of your pockets.
More types of mudroom and entryway organizers can be found here.