Craft carts are great storage solutions for more than arts and crafts supplies. With multiple drawers and compartments of various sizes, these handy carts can help you keep all sorts of supplies organized and easily accessible: office supplies, beauty supplies, gift wrapping supplies, pet supplies…
Here are three examples of well-designed craft carts:
- The dual-sided Craft Storage Cart has three built-in drawers, a large open compartment and two open shelves on one side; on the back are four dowels, an open compartment and three smaller sections. The dowels can be used for storing ribbons, yarn, rolls of stickers and other spool-oriented supplies.
- The slim 10 Drawer Storage Cart consists of 10 plastic drawers in five colors (two drawers of each color) on a steel frame. Each drawer measures 12 inches wide by 15 inches deep and the five colors allow you to color-code stored items; the drawers can be easily rearranged into different color combinations. Two of the casters lock securely in place to keep the cart stationary.
- The translucent 12 Drawer Rolling Cart features four large drawers, eight shallow drawers and a spacious top shelf that can be used as a work surface. The metal frame rises into handles on each side for easy transport. And since the drawers are semi-transparent, it’s easy to see what’s stored within them.
Other types of craft carts can be found here.
Are your kitchen drawers a disaster? Any drawer has the potential to become a cluttered mess, but kitchen drawers are especially vulnerable since they’re used so often.
Deep drawers and shallow drawers present different challenges. Outfitting them with the right kitchen drawer organizers can make a wonderful difference. Here are three of the most effective types of kitchen drawer organizers:
- For deep drawers, the Umbra Kitchen Drawer Organizers set offers a flexible way to create and maintain order. This is a simple pegboard system designed to keep food storage containers, cookware and other bulky items in place. Two plastic pegboards are included in each set along with 16 pegs; one end of each board is extendable to fit larger drawer spaces (expanding from 17-3/4 to 21-1/2 inches in length). The easily repositionable pegs lock into the pegboard to organize items of all shapes and sizes.
- For shallower drawers dedicated to storing cooking utensils, the Silicone Drawer Organizer Set is ideal–it consists of a green silicone base mat (20 inches by 14 inches) that’s cuttable to fit any size drawer in your kitchen, along with 15 dividers (Divitz) which can be arranged on the base mat to keep utensils secure and prevent sliding. The silicone material is easy to clean and food-grade safe, and it’s also available in a neutral color.
- For cutlery drawers, the Expand-A-Drawer Cutlery Organizer provides five sections for flatware and two large side compartments for kitchen utensils. Constructed of smooth white plastic, the sides pull out to expand the tray from 9 inches to 16 inches wide. When the expandable sides are pulled out, two new compartments are created. The adjustable compartments can be up to 3-1/2 inches wide, and the sections run the entire length of the organizer so they’ll fit long spoons and serving utensils.
Everyone knows that reusable Christmas trees make holiday decorating easier and more economical. But not everyone knows how to store them so they won’t get damaged.
Storing artificial Christmas trees safely can be a challenge. Not only are they big and bulky, they’re easy to crush. Luckily there are several types of effective Christmas tree storage solutions. Here are three examples:
- The Upright Christmas Tree Storage Bag is easy to use–it attaches to your existing tree stand and simply pulls up from the ground to enclose your artificial tree. Best of all, it allows you to store your tree fully decorated. Designed to accommodate Christmas trees up to 7 1/2 feet tall, the bag is constructed of heavy-duty polyester fabric with durable side handles for easy carrying. The upright design also has a smaller footprint than other types of tree storage systems, so it can fit in a garage corner or closet.
- If your tree is taller than 7 1/2 feet, the TreeKeeper Expandable Rolling Christmas Tree Storage Bag is a good choice–it can contain a tree that’s between 6 feet and 9 feet high, thanks to a zip-out section that expands as needed. Made from a puncture-resistant nylon and polyester material, the bag also has three wheels that make it a breeze to transport.
- For the largest trees, your best bet is the Large GreensKeeper Tree Storage Bag–it can hold up to a 12-foot-high tree. This rugged Christmas tree storage solution includes a sturdy interior frame, a compression strap that holds the tree in place and creates room for other holiday decor items, two rugged wheels, and padded handles for comfortable carrying.
Helpful tips for how to safely store artificial Christmas trees can be found here.
A festive wreath on the front door is one of the simplest ways to decorate for the holidays. But when the season’s over, storing that wreath isn’t quite so simple. Easy to crush, bulky, awkwardly shaped…it can be a challenge to keep a wreath safely tucked away without it taking up a lot of space.
Luckily there are now several types of wreath keepers designed to address those issues. So you won’t have to spend a lot of time “re-fluffing” your wreath next Christmas, here are three space-efficient holiday wreath storage solutions:
- The Wreath Storage Bag with Direct Suspend Handle offers crush-proof storage in a space-saving design. It features a “direct suspend” handle with an interior clip that connects the outer handle of the bag with the frame of your wreath, so when you hang the bag, the wreath floats inside. This preserves the wreath’s shape by keeping it from being compressed against the bottom of the bag. The zippered case is large enough to accommodate up to 36-inch-diameter wreaths, and has a padded carrying handle for easy transport.
- For even larger wreaths, the Christmas Wreath Storage Bag is available in three sizes: 36, 48 and 60 inches. It comes nestled inside a round zippered bag with a handle, which attaches inside the wreath keeper itself to provide extra storage space for Christmas lights and other decorations.
- For smaller wreaths (24 or 30 inches in diameter), the Wreath Storage Container is a good choice. Designed to stand upright, it’s made of heavy-duty plastic; one side is completely transparent so you can see your stored wreath. Six latches around the sides keep the container securely closed, and a large handle at the top makes it easy to carry.
More holiday wreath storage solutions are also available.
Gift bags are real timesavers, especially around the holidays when you’ve got multiple gifts to prepare. It’s so much quicker to pop gifts into festive bags than to laboriously wrap them.
But since gift bags come in a seemingly infinite range of sizes, shapes, patterns and materials, getting overwhelmed with gift bag clutter is a potential hazard. Luckily there are now gift bag organizers designed to keep your bag inventory neat, undamaged and easy to access. Here are three well-designed examples:
- The Gift Bag Organizer has a main compartment with three divided sections–helpful for arranging your bags by size–plus separate compartments for storing tissue paper and scissors, ribbons or cards. The tissue paper storage section features tiered hanging rods to keep sheets of tissue safe and wrinkle-free. With an inner frame for support, this organizer is relatively compact (18.5 inches wide by 22 inches high by 8 inches deep) yet can accommodate bags up to 11 by 19 inches. An attached zippered lid and side handles make it seem like an elegant mini suitcase for your gift bags.
- A similar option is the Snowflake Gift Bag Organizer–it has the same dimensions as above, but features a hanging accessory pouch for holding small supplies. It also includes a removable lid.
- For the true gift-bag collector, the dual-sided Hanging Gift Bag Organizer is hard to beat–it has enough pockets to hold up to 150 small gift bags (or about 100 of varying sizes). The pockets are clear, making it easy to view contents at a glance, and are sized to accommodate most sizes of gift bags. The space-saving design can hang on a closet rod, with a swivel hook that rotates 360 degrees so you can quickly access all the pockets on both sides.
Love to bake but hate to deal with your cabinet of piled-up baking paraphernalia? If you’ve got the baking bug, it’s easy to accumulate baking pans in multiple sizes and shapes, along with cupcake trays, muffin tins and cookie sheets. Of course, keeping them in order is another story.
The trick to organizing bakeware effectively is upright storage (think books on a shelf or files in a drawer). Instead of piling your pans, use vertical organizers to keep bakeware standing on end–they’ll be easier to view, access and put away.
To help you choose the right bakeware organizer, here are three efficient and economical options:
- The Adjustable Bakeware Organizer Rack has slots for organizing up to six pans or trays. The metal dividers are removable to accommodate different widths of bakeware, and are designed to make it easy to see and grab whichever pan you want to use. The rack also can be mounted either horizontally or vertically.
- A similar option (although not adjustable) is the Wire Bakeware Rack, with four 2-1/4-inch-wide slots sized for storing several types of bakeware.
- The space-saving Bakeware Organizer is an over-the-cabinet-door storage solution that requires no installation. Designed to accommodate bakeware measuring up to 12 inches wide and 18 inches high, this organizer is best for slender items since it’s just 3-1/2 inches deep. It fits standard cabinet doors up to 3/4 of an inch thick and has padded brackets to protect cabinets from scratching.
Coffee tables tend to be clutter magnets. Of course, any horizontal surface has the ability to attract piles of mail, stacks of magazines and misplaced remotes (often hidden under the mail and magazines). But the expanse of a coffee table, plus its close proximity to a sofa, increases the likelihood of pile formations.
If you long for a clutter-free coffee table, there’s hope. Here are four clever coffee tables that feature a variety of handy storage solutions:
- The sleek Coffee Table With Magazine Rack has six double-wide pockets (three on each side) designed for storing magazines, catalogs or slim books. Constructed of solid oak (available in three finishes) with an easy-to-clean melamine top, this streamlined coffee table could also function as an entryway bench. Tip: You can add additional storage with a storage ottoman that fits neatly underneath the table.
- The ultra-modern Noemi Coffee Table with Storage Compartments features hidden storage located under the sliding tabletop. The top glides open to reveal four compartments (one large and three smaller) that offer plenty of space for stashing whatever you want to hide away yet keep at hand.
- The classic Timber Coffee Table has two drawers that are sized for storing remotes and accessories, and a lower shelf that’s ideal for holding books and magazines.
- IKEA’s BOKSEL coffee table offers an adjustable shelf, a smooth-running drawer with pull-out stop that keeps it in place, and casters for easy mobility.
There are also a number of coffee tables that simply include a shelf, a feature which gives you an easy way to keep the top clear– at least theoretically.