Everyone knows that reusable Christmas trees make holiday decorating easier and more economical. But not everyone knows how to store them so they won’t get damaged.
Storing artificial Christmas trees safely can be a challenge. Not only are they big and bulky, they’re easy to crush. Luckily there are several types of effective Christmas tree storage solutions. Here are three examples:
- The Upright Christmas Tree Storage Bag is easy to use–it attaches to your existing tree stand and simply pulls up from the ground to enclose your artificial tree. Best of all, it allows you to store your tree fully decorated. Designed to accommodate Christmas trees up to 7 1/2 feet tall, the bag is constructed of heavy-duty polyester fabric with durable side handles for easy carrying. The upright design also has a smaller footprint than other types of tree storage systems, so it can fit in a garage corner or closet.
- If your tree is taller than 7 1/2 feet, the TreeKeeper Expandable Rolling Christmas Tree Storage Bag is a good choice–it can contain a tree that’s between 6 feet and 9 feet high, thanks to a zip-out section that expands as needed. Made from a puncture-resistant nylon and polyester material, the bag also has three wheels that make it a breeze to transport.
- For the largest trees, your best bet is the Large GreensKeeper Tree Storage Bag–it can hold up to a 12-foot-high tree. This rugged Christmas tree storage solution includes a sturdy interior frame, a compression strap that holds the tree in place and creates room for other holiday decor items, two rugged wheels, and padded handles for comfortable carrying.
Helpful tips for how to safely store artificial Christmas trees can be found here.
A festive wreath on the front door is one of the simplest ways to decorate for the holidays. But when the season’s over, storing that wreath isn’t quite so simple. Easy to crush, bulky, awkwardly shaped…it can be a challenge to keep a wreath safely tucked away without it taking up a lot of space.
Luckily there are now several types of wreath keepers designed to address those issues. So you won’t have to spend a lot of time “re-fluffing” your wreath next Christmas, here are three space-efficient holiday wreath storage solutions:
- The Wreath Storage Bag with Direct Suspend Handle offers crush-proof storage in a space-saving design. It features a “direct suspend” handle with an interior clip that connects the outer handle of the bag with the frame of your wreath, so when you hang the bag, the wreath floats inside. This preserves the wreath’s shape by keeping it from being compressed against the bottom of the bag. The zippered case is large enough to accommodate up to 36-inch-diameter wreaths, and has a padded carrying handle for easy transport.
- For even larger wreaths, the Christmas Wreath Storage Bag is available in three sizes: 36, 48 and 60 inches. It comes nestled inside a round zippered bag with a handle, which attaches inside the wreath keeper itself to provide extra storage space for Christmas lights and other decorations.
- For smaller wreaths (24 or 30 inches in diameter), the Wreath Storage Container is a good choice. Designed to stand upright, it’s made of heavy-duty plastic; one side is completely transparent so you can see your stored wreath. Six latches around the sides keep the container securely closed, and a large handle at the top makes it easy to carry.
More holiday wreath storage solutions are also available.
Gift bags are real timesavers, especially around the holidays when you’ve got multiple gifts to prepare. It’s so much quicker to pop gifts into festive bags than to laboriously wrap them.
But since gift bags come in a seemingly infinite range of sizes, shapes, patterns and materials, getting overwhelmed with gift bag clutter is a potential hazard. Luckily there are now gift bag organizers designed to keep your bag inventory neat, undamaged and easy to access. Here are three well-designed examples:
- The Gift Bag Organizer has a main compartment with three divided sections–helpful for arranging your bags by size–plus separate compartments for storing tissue paper and scissors, ribbons or cards. The tissue paper storage section features tiered hanging rods to keep sheets of tissue safe and wrinkle-free. With an inner frame for support, this organizer is relatively compact (18.5 inches wide by 22 inches high by 8 inches deep) yet can accommodate bags up to 11 by 19 inches. An attached zippered lid and side handles make it seem like an elegant mini suitcase for your gift bags.
- A similar option is the Snowflake Gift Bag Organizer–it has the same dimensions as above, but features a hanging accessory pouch for holding small supplies. It also includes a removable lid.
- For the true gift-bag collector, the dual-sided Hanging Gift Bag Organizer is hard to beat–it has enough pockets to hold up to 150 small gift bags (or about 100 of varying sizes). The pockets are clear, making it easy to view contents at a glance, and are sized to accommodate most sizes of gift bags. The space-saving design can hang on a closet rod, with a swivel hook that rotates 360 degrees so you can quickly access all the pockets on both sides.
Although gift-giving is associated with the holidays, luckily this delightful custom isn’t limited to one special season. There are always birthdays, weddings, graduations and other present-worthy occasions to celebrate…and these events create a year-round need for gift wrap.
Of course it takes more than mere wrapping paper to do the job properly. There’s also tissue, ribbons, bows, sparkly confetti, shredded filler and tiny gift cards. Such delicate items are awkward to store safely–as is gift wrap itself, whether rolled or flat–so it’s easy for them to create clutter.
If you don’t have an ideal space for storing and using gift-wrap supplies, there are several types of gift wrap organizers that can help make the most of your “present workplace.” These range from simple plastic containers sized to hold rolls of wrap, to hanging devices with multiple compartments sized for all types of gift-giving gear.
A popular alternative to gift wrap is gift bags, which now come in a seemingly infinite range of sizes, shapes, patterns and materials. The Gift Bag Organizer is designed to keep them tidy, undamaged and easy to access–it features three divided sections so you can arrange the bags by size, plus separate compartments for storing tissue paper and scissors, ribbons or cards. For the true gift-bag junkie, the Hanging Gift Bag Organizer holds up to 150 gift bags.