Whether you’re a green-thumb gardener or just a reluctant raker, keeping your gardening supplies organized makes yardwork tasks less of a chore.
Brooms, rakes, shovels and other gardening necessities can take up a lot of room. So it’s helpful to have gardening supplies storage systems designed to efficiently utilize every square inch. Here are three space-saving options:
- The modular Garden Tool Organizer Wall System provides adjustable options for storing all types of tools plus pots and hoses. Constructed from epoxy-coated heavy-gauge steel, the system includes a variety of shelves and baskets, plus a handy Recycle/Storage Bag.
- The rolling Yard Tool Organizer Rack can accommodate 20 long-handled tools, 17 short-handled tools, a weed trimmer, a leaf blower and more. The slots provide side access to your tools so you don’t have to lift them vertically out of the rack; strong clips keep each garden tool in place yet release easily for quick access.
- Another rolling gardening supplies storage solution is the Garden Tool Storage Cart –it features a removable vented shelf for potting or storage, a solid storage shelf, a 4-inch-high bin designed for mixing soil, and a sifter on the top of the cart that allows loose dirt to fall into the bin. There are also five side slots for holding all sizes of gardening tools. The large wheels, along with a comfortable handle, make for hassle-free portability.
Summer means beach picnics, park picnics or anywhere picnics. Sometimes all you need is the food, a blanket and some napkins. But if you’re bringing special beverages and edibles (such as wine and cheese) that require more elaborate treatment, picnic organizers can make your picnicking process much easier.
Here are three types of picnic organizers designed to help you relax and enjoy all your outdoor meals:
- The Wine and Cheese Cooler features a fully insulated interior that keeps up to two bottles of wine or champagne properly chilled. The cooler is outfitted with two acrylic wine glasses, two cloth napkins, a corkscrew, a bottle stopper, a cheese knife and a hardwood cutting board–so you don’t have to think about packing any of these accessories. A removable padded center divider prevents wine bottles from clanking together. The canvas exterior (available in two different colors and patterns) has a slim profile and comfortable adjustable shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- The Collapsible Cooler Basket is an insulated space-saving alternative to the classic picnic basket–it folds flat for storage and has a leak-proof food-safe lining, a zippered lid and a front pocket for wet wipes, condiment packets, baggies and other picnic supplies. It’s also available in a wide variety of colors and patterns.
- The Picnic Backpack with Blanket comes fully equipped with all the supplies necessary to elegantly serve four people lunch or dinner al fresco. Lightweight and ergonomically designed for safe and comfortable carrying, the backpack is only 15-1/2 inches high by 16 inches wide by 6-1/2 inches deep yet it neatly includes a 60- x 50-inch fleece blanket; four acrylic wine glasses; four 9-inch melamine plates; four sets of stainless steel knives, forks and spoons; four cloth napkins; a hardwood cutting board;a cheese knife; a wood salt and pepper shaker set; and a combination corkscrew. All of the included supplies stay secure inside thanks to the snap closure straps that keep everything safely stored while in transit. A Thermal Shield insulated cooler compartment is designed to keep food at the perfect temperature for several hours at a time. The removable leak-proof liner inside the cooler compartment helps to keep any spills contained. There’s also a handy detachable insulated wine holder on the side of the backpack, along with adjustable shoulder straps and a sturdy top handle.
Ah, summertime–the time that calls for outdoor entertaining…and outdoor organizing.
Enjoying the company of family and friends is often easier in an outdoor setting. Unless, of course, your back yard or patio is festooned with a tangle of hoses and a mishmash of folding chairs, lounges, toys, games and sports clutter.
But don’t despair–you can keep almost any outdoor space looking tidier with the help of these effective outdoor organizing options:
- Deck boxes are useful for both storage and seating, with hidden space for storing seat cushions, patio furniture covers, pool supplies, toys and sporting gear. The Deck Box with Wheels is also easy to move around. For smaller spaces, the Outdoor Storage Seat is a more compact version of a deck box, designed to look more like a chair.
- Storage steps are designed for getting in and out of a hot tub but can also be used alongside a retaining wall or other structure where steps are needed. The top step flips open to reveal a removable storage compartment.
- Hose holders help prevent both hose clutter and accidents (a tangled garden hose hidden in a lawn can be as lethal as a snake in the grass). Some hose holders are also designed to be decorative, such as the Perrault Wall-Mounted Hose Holder (pictured).
Read my post about other types of hose organizers here.
Whether you have a tiny patio or a large backyard, outdoor dining requires special storage solutions. (Unless, of course, you don’t mind making extra trips back inside to retrieve plates, napkins, utensils, condiments, etc.)
To simplify outdoor meal preparation, choose mobile or portable organizers constructed of weather-resistant materials. Here are three efficient patio dining and BBQ storage solutions for organizing your al fresco meal supplies:
- The Mobile Serving Station Patio Cabinet provides two handy cabinets topped by an expandable surface for preparing and serving food (two drop-leaf sections extend the surface to 40 inches of counter space). A divided serving tray is included, designed to fit inside the upper cabinet. The cabinets offer ample storage for grilling implements and accessories, napkins, condiments and more, and the entire unit rolls smoothly on heavy-duty casters (two locking and two non-locking) for easy portability.
- The multipurpose Grill Station features separate trays for raw and cooked foods and includes a separate caddy for keeping seasonings, tongs and a beverage handy.
- Charcoal storage containers are a necessity for those who prefer barbecues to gas grills. The Charcoal Storage Bin (12-lb capacity) has an innovative lid designed to fit inside the original bag of charcoal: you simply cut the top off the bag and insert the lid to provide a tight seal that protects against moisture. The lid also has a flip top that lets you neatly dispense charcoal, and the large carrying handle on the side makes the bin easy to transport. If you need a larger capacity bin, the Charcoal Storage Container holds up to 24 lbs.
‘Tis the season of barbecues, picnics and patio parties. Outdoor dining is delightful, but it does require specialized storage solutions for your picnicking paraphernalia and other al fresco accessories.
Here are some of the best products designed to keep you organized so you can relax and enjoy all your outdoor meals:
- The Collapsible Cooler Basket is an insulated space-saving alternative to the classic picnic basket–it folds flat for storage and has a leak-proof food-safe lining, a zippered lid and a front pocket for wet wipes, condiment packets, baggies and other picnic supplies.
- The Table Caddy is a vertical organizer with compartments sized for napkins, ketchup and mustard packets, salt & pepper, hot sauce and more; and it stays in place even on slippery table surfaces with a Slip Stop grip.
- The clamp-on BBQ / Campsite Organizer keeps grill supplies and other necessities organized and easily accessible–it mounts to any grill or table and features four double-sided hooks for barbecue utensils; a paper towel holder; and a shelf for spices, etc.
- The Trunk Organizer and Cooler does double duty as both a car trunk organizer and a picnic helper. It has two roomy side compartments plus a central zip-top insulated section for keeping items cold or hot. Two handles make it easy to transport, and it folds flat for compact storage.
Should you get a storage shed – or should you work on shedding your excess clutter?
In most cases, you’re probably better off getting rid of stuff than stuffing it in its own littlehouse. However, a shed is an ideal solution for certain situations. If you want easy access to gardening tools and supplies, sports equipment, building materials or other outdoor-related items, a shed may be beneficial.
But if you just have too much “miscellaneous”, it’s better to shed the stuff so you don’t stuff the shed.
Deck boxes are an efficient and economical alternative to sheds–they can be used for stowing all types of outdoor gear such as patio furniture covers and cushions, pool supplies, toys and sporting goods.
They come in a range of styles and materials and also do double-duty as seating options, ranging in size from ottomans to chairs to benches. For easy portability, choose a rolling deck box.