So many Christmas decorations–so little time to hang them!
Christmas wreaths, lights, garlands, ornaments and stockings–all are lovely expressions of your holiday spirit. But when not hung up in time for the season, they become clutter.
Good intentions can turn into Christmas clutter when you accumulate decorations without acquiring simple solutions for hanging them up. Luckily there are now a number of easy-to-use Christmas decoration holders. Here are five excellent examples that don’t require any nails-or-screws installation:
- If your tree is overflowing or you just want to highlight a special ornament, consider the Christmas Ornament Stand. Constructed of thick metal wire with a black finish, the elegant arched design has a side base for stability and is under 6 inches in diameter so it can fit on almost any surface.
- The cast iron Holiday Stocking Hanger lets you safely hang Christmas stockings on the fireplace mantle without the need for screws, nails or hooks. A decorative iron pinecone anchors a single hook that securely holds fully stuffed stockings.
- The Adjustable Garland Hanger is an over-the-door holder that can hang up Christmas lights, long strands of garland or a decorative wreath. It adjusts to fit any door from 34 to 52 inches wide, and locks into position so you won’t have to worry about it falling down; and with no screws or nails, your door will remain undamaged. All sizes of garland will hang perfectly on the decorative center and outer hooks to frame your door for the holidays. The center hooks are also perfect for hanging wreaths of any size for every season.
- Command Outdoor Light Clips are a damage-free way to string your lights around a door, up the siding, under the soffits, around a window, or along the gutter all without nails or screws. Using a new formulation of the revolutionary Command™ Adhesive, these hooks are specially designed to hold strongly outdoors–and like all Command™ products, they remove cleanly with no holes, marks, stains or sticky residue.
- Over-the-door Wreath Holders are available in several styles and finishes to accent almost any type of door.
Tennis shoes, boots, flip-flops, high heels, loafers, sandals, ballet slippers…the list of footwear seems almost endless. (Fun footwear fact: There are at least nine shoe museums around the world.) And the more pairs you have, the more space you need to store them.
Fortunately there are space-savers designed to let you store the maximum amount of footwear in the smallest footprint (pardon the pun).
Here are three space-saving footwear storage solutions that can accommodate all different kinds and sizes of footwear:
- The rotating Adjustable Boot Tree (only 12 inches in diameter) features three tiers of storage that can hold up to six pairs of boots or nine pairs of shoes–or a combination of both. The tiers revolve individually and are adjustable in height. The system also includes six sets of boot shapers. Other thoughtful features are a weighted base for stability and a carrying handle.
- The Boot Storage Bag is only 6 inches high–making it ideal for under-bed storage–and has four spacious compartments sized to store up to four pairs of boots or large-size shoes. The clear vinyl zippered top allows you to view the contents while keeping them dust-free. Side handles make it easy to access the bag from underneath a bed. It can also be stored upright on a shelf.
- The Large Hanging Closet Shoe Organizer will fit on any size closet rod and holds up to 10 pairs of shoes, yet only requires 8 inches of hanging space. It features compartments that are roomier (8 inches wide by 14 inches deep) than those of standard sized hanging shoe organizers, to accommodate extra-large shoes (including men’s) and short boots–they’re even large enough to hold shoe boxes. Made of breathable natural canvas, it hangs from two heavy-duty metal hooks.
More footwear storage ideas can be found in my posts on shoe organizers,
boot storage and new shoe storage solutions.