Cosmetics create clutter. Think about it: Lipsticks, mascaras, eye shadows, eye liners, foundations, concealers, blushers…the list seems almost endless. Even if you only have one of each type of makeup, it’s easy to have cosmetic clutter.
Luckily there are a number of effective cosmetic organizers designed to help you conquer cosmetic clutter. Here are three excellent examples:
- The Extra-Large Three Piece Make Up Organizer features three separate units: an extra-large drawer as the base and a nine-compartment cosmetic tray on top, including a removable lipstick organizer with 12 slots. All items can be used together–the tray stacked on the drawer and the lipstick organizer nested inside– or they can be spread out separately to create maximum storage possibilities. When stacked, items are secure since units interlock with grooved edges. All pieces are made of heavy duty acrylic and the clear surfaces make it extremely easy to always find any item quickly.
- The Danielle Socialite Acrylic Organizer has seven top compartments and three large drawers in a 15-inch by 10.5-inch footprint. One of the top compartments is a lipstick organizer designed to hold up to 12 lipsticks. The clear acrylic lets you identify and easily access all your makeup, and the steel frame ensures long-term durability.
- Metal mesh Makeup Carousels (available in a variety of colors) are double-decker spinning organizers that feature six storage bins (three on each level) spinning around a center section on each side of the handle. The center section is designed for storing long and slender supplies such as makeup brushes and nail files.
More types of cosmetic organizers can be found in my posts on Cosmetic Clutter Solutions and Makeup Drawer Organizers.
Look inside most medicine cabinets and you’ll find a whole lot more than medicine crammed onto those skinny little shelves: grooming tools and supplies, cosmetics, dental-care items, first aid materials, contact lens solution, sunscreen…
If your medicine cabinet is a mess, maybe it’s time to declutter and reorganize. Start by eliminating outdated medications and ineffective products. Be ruthless when clearing out space-hogging beauty treatments and toiletries: Jettison bottles of dried-up lotions, toss out ancient nail polish and get rid of old “but-I-may-use-it-someday” items.
Next, focus on preventing future medicine cabinet clutter. You can keep those shallow shelves chaos-free with the help of special organizers that provide limited yet easily accessible storage. These narrow, transparent containers allow you to cluster products often used in tandem, such as skin care (cleanser/moisturizer/toner), shaving supplies (razor/shaving cream/after-shave) and dental care (toothpaste/mouthwash/floss).
Here are my favorite medicine cabinet organizers–all sized at about 3 inches deep or less, they can also be used on counter tops:
- The 12-compartment Pill Organizer is specifically designed to keep standard-size prescription and small over-the-counter medication bottles organized and easy to access; it also works for organizing nail polish and other similar size bottles.
- InterDesign’s Vanity Organizer with Drawer features a
handy drawer plus five compartments of various sizes to accommodate a wide variety of toiletries from taller narrow products (electric toothbrushes, razors,
mascara) to wider items such as deodorant and toothpaste, while the clear drawer is ideal for storing sensitive items like contact lenses.
- MagnaPod Magnetic Cosmetic Organizers are 1-inch-deep clear plastic containers that magnetically adhere to the inside of steel-framed medicine cabinet doors, providing additional space to organize make-up. There is also a MagnaPod Toothbrush Holder.